Founded in 1963, LeasePlan is a global fleet management and mobility solutions company, Headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
LeasePlan offers a range of services across thirty countries. These include full-service leasing, fleet management, and vehicle rental services for cars, light commercial vehicles, and electric vehicles. They also provide innovative mobility solutions such as car sharing, ride-hailing, and mobility as a service (MaaS) to help customers reduce their carbon footprint and meet their sustainability goals.
With their rapidly growing customer base of EV drivers, LeasePlan needed to replicate the range of services they traditionally offered to ICE (internal combustion engine) driving customers.
Beyond individual customers requiring home charging capabilities, they also needed to provide enhanced services to their corporate customers who were managing fleets of EV’s.
Unique to EV’s they needed to be able to provide:
- Smart Charging at Home & at Work – allowing exact & verifiable charging data for all home & work charging.
- Roaming – the ability for their clients to easily use Public Charging infrastructure without users having to pay at the point of use.
- Employee reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses associated with home charging of company vehicles.
In effect LeasePlan needed to “mimic a fuel card for an EV Driver” whereby the driver is never personally paying to “fuel” a company car.
Following initial trials with their own staff and company EV’s, eStation has successfully launched and supported this service for their clients.
eStation’s solution was delivered through a combination of smart charging infrastructure and a range of connected Software as a Service (SaaS) features, allowing for complete monitoring, control and financial management of all charging activities.
The process of Data and Financial Management is carried out monthly, incorporating the below:
- SIM enabled Smart Charger utilised to track kW consumption while employee charging at home.
- Charger is enabled using eStation issued RFID Fob or eStation App (same fob used for Work & Public Charging)
- Data for all charging sessions communicated to eStation via SIM
- SIM enabled Smart Charger utilised to track kW consumption while employee charging at work.
- Charger is enabled using eStation issued RFID Fob or eStation App
- Data for all charging sessions or eStation App via SIM
- All Public Chargers are enabled using eStation issued RFID Fob or eStation App
- Data for all charging sessions communicated to eStation
- Employee does not have to pay for charging session at point of use
- Public Charge Point Operator (CPO) bills eStation for all employee public charging
- eStation bill End Client for all employee public charging
- All in-month charging activity (Home, Work & Public) reported on in 1st week of following month
- Reports detail individual employee charging activities at Home, at Work & in Public
- Reports detail cumulative charging at Home, at Work & in Public for all employees
- eStation make re-imbursement payments, to all employees, for in-month home charging
We have been in partnership with LeasePlan since 2019 and the success of this partnership continues to grow. The success of our Smart EV Charging solutions has seen the adoption of our services across a broad range of LeasePlan’s Corporate client base.